Home       About Me       Review Index

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Sara's March Wrap Up




Whoa. What a month March was. If you read my last wrap up, you would have seen that I was giving up to TV for Lent. So, no binge watching Netflix/CraveTV or anything for that matter- Until April 17th. This has left me A LOT Of time to read and contemplate life. I actually have been really enjoyed the no TV and I think once this fast is over, I may take on a more restricted TV schedule- I'm toying with the idea of no TV on weekdays. We'll see when we get there. 

March was pretty uneventful for me. Spent some time with a few local bloggers at a board game cafe here in the city, it was fun. I got a new tattoo - you'll need to check out my Instagram if you want to see it (shameless plug).  Had my nephew over for the night last weekend, which was great. He's six, and full of so much energy- we went on an field trip to the bookstore and it was fun walking around with him and talking to him about books. The remainder of the time was spent reading.


The Books:

Number of Books Completed
 11

Physical Books
7

Audiobooks
4

Physical Books: 

Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough (2 Stars)
The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan (3.5 Stars)
Dirty Doctor by Whitney G (3 Stars)
One Plus One by Jojo Moyes (4.5 Stars)
We Are Okay by Nina LaCour (3 Stars)
I Found You by Lisa Jewell (4 Stars)
Nocturne by Syrie James (2.5 Stars) 


Favourite Read of the Month

I was not expecting to enjoy this book as much as I did. The only other novel by Jojo Moyes was Me Before You, which I enjoyed, but it broke my heart. One Plus One is SO different. It's charming and lovely. I've pushed it onto a number of my friends already.

Audiobooks 

Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty (4.5 Stars)
The Empire State Series by Louise Bay (4 Stars)
Love Unexpected by Louise Bay (3 Stars) 
Forbidden by CD Reiss (1 Star) 

Favourite Listen of the Month



I finally did it guys, I finally read listened to Truly Madly Guilty and I loved it. I have seen a number of reviews that claim this book is a little slow and boring- while I can totally see where they are coming from I think this is just a custom Moriarty trait. She writes about the most mundane things in a way that makes them seem exciting. I really appreciate this.  I want to give major props to the narrator Caroline Lee- of the four books I have completed by Moriarty, I have read two and listened to two. Lee narrated Big Little Lies and did such a fantastic job that it made me want to listen to everything else she's narrated, I loved her rendition of Truly Madly Guilty so much. She has such a knack for giving every character their own voice- it was great experience. 


2017 Resolutions Update: 

If you want to check out my actual resolutions/goals for the year, check them out here
 
Woah betty, March was good month for me. I have 11 books under my belt- 7 of which I physically read.  I am on track for my 100 book goal- I am actually one book ahead. I read more books than I listened to- which is great- because overall for this year I have read more books than listened to, which wasn't the case last month. I read three 2017 releases (go me) - Behind Her Eyes, We Are Okay and I Found You, I also read book three in the Percy Jackson series- so I am one stop closer there. However, I have not made a dent in the audiobooks sitting in my audible library- sigh. I haven't listened to a single book on my back list. I think for April I am going on an audiobook buying band, and every single book I listen to has to be from my back list.  I have 17 to chose from. Wish my luck. 

We still have two weeks of Lent to go, so I still plan on doing lots of reading. I want to try and push myself to read 8 books, but I don't think that will happen this month, so I'll be happy with 6 physical books. I am going away Easter Weekend, and I don't think I'll read a lot during that time. Otherwise, not a lot planned for April.

This Month of the Blog: 



That's it for me and March, I hope you all had a great month. 

~Happy Reading Everyone!





 

2 comments:

  1. I love Jojo Moyes' The Girl You Left Behind. So when you get the chance, read that. I have zero audiobooks in my archive because one of my New Year's Resolution was to prioritize those books in my library first and foremost. So I'm pretty pumped. :D

    Have a great month of April, Sara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I had forgot you were doing that for Lent! I'm glad the results have been so pleasing for you. And hurray for physical books surpassing audiobooks this month! It's been a while since I could claim the same... Good luck on the audiobook buying ban :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl