Home       About Me       Review Index

Friday, February 3, 2017

Stefanie's January Recap



Hi everyone,

How is it already February; I can’t even believe it. Where did January go?
January was a great reading month, I was able to get more books off my tbr (including the first book I ever added back when I first joined in 2013). The only thing is that I feel like I went through a reading slump this month; nothing except three books really struck me and stood it. I was so excited about starting all of them and I hate when they don't live up to your expectations. I don’t think I’ve ever had this many two stars reads in a single month before. I guess if there’s a positive it’s I have more room on my bookshelves now for more books! I’ll be moving next month so I’m not sure how much reading will get done. Actually the more important question is how long it will take me to unpack all my books and get them into their shelves. I’ve slowly started packing and my current shelves are starting to look a little sad and empty. I’m thinking about keeping a couple books set aside to make sure I have some books at the ready when I get tired in between moving boxes and before I get my cable set up.



New Books Read:

Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder (two stars)

Trouble with Flirting by Claire LaZebnik (two stars)

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them screenplay by J. K. Rowling (four and a half stars)

Teashop Girls by Laura Schaefer (four stars)

Sea Change by Aimee Friedman (three stars)

Fill-In Boyfriend by Kasie West (four stars)

Girl Online by Zoe Sugg (one star)

Better off Friends by Elizabeth Eulberg (two stars)

Archie, Vol. 1: The New Riverdale by Mark Waid graphic novel (two and a half stars)



Re-Reads:

Ripple by Mandy Hubbard (3 stars)

Tweet Heart by Elizabeth Rudnik (two and a half stars)

International Kissing Club by Ivy Adams (three and a half stars)

Hex Education by Emily Gould and Zareen Jaffery (three stars)


Total: 13


    


I didn’t really do much else this month, except seeing La La Land in theatre. It was so good; I loved all the little hints at Classic Hollywood (I love Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly and the whole era really). If you haven’t seen it I recommend it. I’m not a big fan of jazz, but even the jazz parts weren’t that bad. I just wish Emma Stone sang more! 

      

I’m starting to get really pumped about the new Beauty and the Beast movie ever since the full two-minute trailer was released; the animated one is my absolute favorite movie of all time so I have extremely high expectations of this live-action one, to the point that when it was first released I almost didn’t want to see it. That has quickly changed.

I binge-watched Fuller House season two and am now desperately waiting for season three to be released. I started watching Stranger Things based off of numerous recommendations, but it hasn't been what I was thinking it would be. My goal is to  finish watching the season by the end of February so I can start watching A Series of Unfortunate Events. Neil Patrick Harris looks perfect for this show.


February Reading Goals:

Keep up with the weekly re-reads. I’ll be starting February off with re-reading The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot.

Read as many romancey-contemporary books I can find and binge-watch as many Hallmark cheesy movies I can find. Half of that is book related, but for February I like to watch and read as many Valentine things I can get. Maybe eat some chocolate, or a lot. Chocolate is always a good idea!

When I look over this, I feel like I had a pretty low-key January and I really like that. More time for reading and watching movies!

Until my first February post,

Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl