Home       About Me       Review Index

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Stefanie's 2017 Reading Goals



Hi everyone,

It's a little crazy it's 2017 already. I haven't fully realized it yet and have only written 2016 about twenty times so far when it comes to writing dates on things so far. Being it's a brand new year it's time for a new Goodreads Reading Challenge; I've challenged myself to read 350 books this year. I'm hoping that goal will allow me to complete some personal challenges I've set for myself:


Work On My Re-Reads

I only re-read 6 books last year and it made me a little sad the number was so low. I've challenged myself to re-read one book per week. At first I felt this was a little high but I'm going to try my best to have what I'm calling Re-Read Weekends, by starting a re-read on Friday and hopefully being able to finish it Sunday. I think I might include a brief review of each re-read if you would be interested in hearing about if my initial thoughts hold up to the new read. 


My First re-read will be Hex Education, written by Emily Gould and Zareen Jaffery. I originally gave it five stars when I first read it possibly back in 2007 when it was published.



Tackle My TBR

I think it's currently at 509 on Goodreads. I see it and honestly think there's no way in the world I'll ever be able to shrink it. Hopefully if I can keep up with staying on track (thanks to Goodreads to letting me know I'm currently on track) and not add too many more new releases (I'm really good at adding 50 books a day to the tbr) I can obliterate the 509 and maybe get it into the two-hundreds. I also discovered a reading challenge called Beat the Backlist that's focused on reading books published prior to 2017. This fits perfectly with this goal and I couldn't have discovered this at a better time.


                       Some of the books I hope to read for the reading challenge:


Geek Girl by Holly Smale


Sea Change by Aimee Friedman


The Corner of Bitter and Sweet by Robin Palmer


Cleopatra's Moon by Vicky Alvear Shecter


Jane Austen Goes to Hollywood by Abby McDonald


Strands of Bronze and Gold by Jane Nickerson


The Teashop Girls by Laura Schafer


Kissing In Italian by Lauren Henderson


Chantress Alchemy by Amy Butler Greenfield


The Fill In Boyfriend by Kasie West





I'm really excited for this year and seeing what books I'll get to read. I also want to thank you all for welcoming me to this blog. I think I'm finally figuring this out ;) I'd love to hear what books all of you are looking forward to reading this year!


Until my first 2017 review,


Stefanie




3 comments:

  1. Wow 350 books! Good on ya! I'll be lucky to hit my goal of 60. I remember the times when I could read over 100. So long ago. LOL

    Wishing you luck on completing your challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow 350 books! Good on ya! I'll be lucky to hit my goal of 60. I remember the times when I could read over 100. So long ago. LOL

    Wishing you luck on completing your challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you!

    I get the benefit of working in a library where it's part of the job to read to see what new books we should buy :)

    Good luck on your goal too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl