Home       About Me       Review Index

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Stefanie's #Spookathon TBR and Currently Reading






Hooray, Stefanie has decided to jump onto the #Spookathon band wagon. I (Sara) posted my TBR earlier this week, and today Stefanie is sharing hers. I hope you enjoy.

#Spookathon is a week long read-a-thon hosted by Booktubers Books and Lala, Paige's Pages and Bookerly, and runs from Oct 17-23/16. Check out the initial announcement video here.


***

Stefanie here for my first post. It's kind of daunting to be honest to be writing this so I thought I'd join in with the #Spookathon, because as I've mentioned I'm just (slightly) obsessed with Halloween. I'm doing a 31 days of Halloween movies too, so between those movies, these creepy books I'm full on Halloween happy.

Here's what I've planned to read:



1) The Dead Girls of Hysteria Hall by Katie Alender
This covers a book with red on the cover.
I actually bought this book last year but saved it until this October because there's just something perfect about reading a Katie Alender book in October. I loved her Bad Girls Don't Die series so I know I have to start off the challenge with this one.

2) And the Trees Crept In by Dawn Kurtagich
This covers a thriller (maybe, it's tagged as one on Goodreads and I don't read a lot of thrillers so hopefully this will work) and a 2016 release.
I loved Kurtagich's first book The Dead House (if you haven't read it and want on really creepy spooky book, pick that one up) so naturally I knew I needed to read this one. Sounds just as creepy as her first one too.

3) Labyrinth Lost by Zoraida Cordova
This covers 2016 release and a book with a paranormal/ supernatural character.
The cover to this one is what drew me in. I love the idea of the main character being a bruja, the most powerful witch in a generation. The twist? Alex, our main character, doesn't want her powers, and tries to get rid of her magic but instead gets rid of her family. It's book one of a series so I can't wait to get in and see what trouble Alex finds herself in

4) Tales from the Haunted Mansion, The Fearsome Foursome from Disney
This covers 2016 release, spooky word in the title and a supernatural creature
Being the grown up Disney lover I am I knew I had to include this one. I love the Disney movie Haunted Mansion and the ride is one of my favourites at Disneyland. This is a bonus one because I'm not sure if I'll be able to get through all the other books in this challenge. If not it'll get read right after the challenge ends. 

I'm so excited to be part of this reading challenge and it'll be nice to read some of the books on my TBR. It was actually kind of difficult to chose which books I wanted to read for this. 


I've been debating to challenge myself to try and read some of the older books on my TBR shelf that have been on their for longer than three years. I just finished one called Coffeehouse Angel by Suzanne Selfors, which was the second book I ever added to my TBR shelf when I first joined Goodreads in 2013. I felt pretty accomplished when I finished it, knowing that it had been waiting for so long to get read.

Am I the only one that feels like that when they've read a book they've had waiting forever on their TBR? I hope not...

I'm currently reading Lucky T by Kate Brian, and I think I'll follow that up with Sea Change by Aimee Friedman.


 Both books have been on the TBR shelf just as long as Coffeehouse Angel had been. Sea Change seems like a good book to transition into the #Spookathon and I've heard really good things about it.

Thanks everyone for welcoming me here, I can't wait to share more about my reading adventures with you guys soon!

~Stefanie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl