Home       About Me       Review Index

Monday, September 2, 2013

August Wrap Up


Well hello there,

It's the end of August already is it? That is craziness! I can't believe that the summer is already over and real life starts again soon. Well real life for me. I am back to school next week and that means I won't have as much time to read as I would like. But anywho more on that later.

I read eight books in August, which for me is absolutely epic. I am pretty proud of myself for that one. But in turn I only reviewed ONE (1) book! Who am I? Anywho here's goes.

Books Read:

Asunder by Jodi Meadows (Finally)
The Truth About You and Me by Amanda Grace
The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp
The Edge of Never by JA Redmerski
The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks (for bookclub)
Rainshadow Road by Lisa Kleypas
The Boy Who Sneaks Into My Bedroom Window by Kirsty Moseley
Arranged by Cahterine Mckenzie

Books Reviewed:

Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea by April Genevieve Tcholke (My Thoughts)

Random:

-I took part in the Bout of Books Read-A-Thon this month. I did okay during the week and completely lost it on the weekend. But what can you do. I really participating in the read-a-thon.

-I also posted the A to Z survey that Jamie from The Perpetual Page Turner/ Broke and Bookish came up with. It was fun thinking up the answers to that one.

-I saw The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones movie last week. I really liked it and will maybe talk about why little in the month.

Challenges:

Debut Author Challenge: 9/20 I barely read any YA in August never mind a debut. We'll see how goes with this one.

YA Audiobook Challenge: 5/12 I have a review coming soon. I still don't think that I am going to get 7 more YA audio books "read" and reviewed this year.

2013 Reading Challenge: 57/75 I am currently eight books ahead, that is 10% and I am feeling pretty stoked about that. I can DO this!

Little Announcements:

I am back at school this week and as it is right now I am registered for five classes (this is A LOT). At this point I am trying to figure out some kind of blogging/commenting schedule. I would like to post one (1) review a week and perhaps some other post- like Top Ten Tuesday, or some other discussion post thing. We shall see. I would also like to take the time get the whole comment pact thing going again, with commenting on ten posts a day. I think this is achievable. However, there may be weeks where I will disappear into the abyss of academia. We shall see though.

Anywho, that's it for me this month. I hope you enjoy.

~Happy Reading Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl