Home       About Me       Review Index

Monday, April 1, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Book Boyfriends


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and Bookish

Believe it or not, this topic was a little hard for me this week. There were the obvious answers, but aside from a few... coming up with ten. Yeah I had to stretch my mind. So I hope you enjoy.

Top Ten Characters I Would Crush On If I Were Also A Fictional Character


1) Cole St. Clair from the Wolves of Mercy Falls series by Maggie Stiefvater- Cole was definitely my favourite character in this series. He was pretty bad ass and stand-offish but I kinda like that in my literary boyfriends. I'd totally go gaga for that if I were a character in this book. 

2) Conrad Fisher from The Summer Series by Jenny Han- What can I say. Team Conrad. I loved Conrad when I first read this book and I still do. He was just a good guy. 

3) Tucker Avery from the Unearthly series by Cynthia Hand- Tucker is the kinda guy every girl should want. He's your best friend and he loves you. 

4) Jace Wayland from the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare- While I am not a huge fan of this series, I did like Jace, and if I am honest with myself- if I were to be a character in Clare's novels, Jace would totally woo me. When he's not being all woe is me, I rather like him as a character. 

5) Jonah Griggs from Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta- I thought about not adding Jonah, but that wouldn't be honest. He is absolutely crush worthy in my books. He's hot, he's tough, he can be a douche sometimes (why that's a good thing I don't know), and he can be totally sweet. Uh huh. 


6) Sam from Incarnate by Jodi Meadows- Sam was super sweet and incredibly caring. I absolutely loved that about him when I read Incarnate. I can see why Ana could't resist him. 

7) Cas Lowood from Anna Dressed in Blood by Kenare Blake- Not sure what it was about Cas that made me like him so much. He was such an interesting character though. 




8) Sam From Altered by Jennifer Rush- This guy is brutal. That's all I can say. He's brutal. There was something about him. I remember reading a part of this book and thinking- I am totally crushing on Sam right now. This shouldn't be happening. 

9) Adam Wilde from If I Stay/Where She Went by Gayle Forman- Be still my heart, but Adam was special. 

10) Jase Garrett from My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick- Jase was confident and easy going and he didn't take himself too seriously, but he also was responsible and I loved him. 






There you have it, my bookish crushes all in one place.

~Happy Reading Everyone!

23 comments:

  1. I love Tucker and Jonah Griggs, though they didn't make my list (we only get ten, after all; I'd need at least 100 haha). I have If I Stay sitting on my shelf, waiting to be read. I've seen him on a few lists now, which is seriously ratcheting up my excitement to start it!

    Great list!

    My Top Ten Tuesday

    -Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both Jace and Jase :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment on my blog, great list you have here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh...love Tucker. There are just too many sexy guys to include. Here are my picks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, Sam... I love him in Incarnate! He's so dreamy. :) Great list!

    - Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice choices! I really have to read many of the books above :)

    Lovely blog btw! New follower
    http://myloveforfilmsandnovels.blogspot.com/2013/04/top-ten-tuesday-3-top-ten-characters-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have quite the list! I really need to read Jellicoe Road.
    New Follower<3!
    Beth | The Reading Vixens
    Vixen's Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still haven't read a few of those listed, but am getting ready to. I'm sure the men are drool worthy. :D

    Jessica @ Literary, etc

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm liking your list! (except for Tucker... haha) I LOOOOVE that you included Cas. He seriously is one of my favorite characters. He is so funny-- but the way Kendare Blake wrote him was so natural. The humor is so real and not forced. Love him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have Jace... I have Will. So much WIN in Cassie Clare's books, right?

    Here's my list - TTT @ Krista's Dust Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like Conrad for Belly, but I'd like Jeremiah better for me :D
    Top Ten Book Boyfriends

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like your list! I totally agree with Adam and Jase. I love that Jase was responsible too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have only read Wolves of Mercy Falls and Cole is a good choice :-). Many of the others are on my TBR so I really need to read them now. Thanks for stopping by my TTT.

    Chelsea @ Starbucks & Books Obsession

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't read many of these at all! I'm not to keen on jace though, he's too selfish and jerklike for my liking!

    My Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I definitely could have done a top 20+ guys, because every time I see someone's post I want to add more people to mine. Basically, I love all these people, except I'm a Christian fan, and I'm not touching that Summer series b/c I'm sure it would give me love triangle hives. Everyone else, I adore.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great list! I really want to start a lot of these series!!

    My TTT

    Eva @ All Books Considered

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't read any of these yet! But I've been thinking I should read If I Stay and Where She Went (my niece loved them), and perhaps the Cassandra Clare books.

    Thank you for stopping by my TTT list earlier today!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wooo! Sam and Tucker!! They both made my list too! I really want to read Altered and My Life Next Door soon too.

    My TTT

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  19. The only book I've read is Anna Dressed in Blood and yes Cas is just SO up there on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tucker and Jase almost made my list! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm unfamiliar with these book boyfriends except for Jace (who I admit is pretty swoony though I am more of a SImon fan, myself). You definitely have me curious about these boys now... I wonder if I would also like Jonah Griggs (everyone else seems to) or I would be turned off by his sometimes douchey behaviour.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl