Home       About Me       Review Index

Monday, September 24, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday (2)




So this is my 2nd TTT. And I am Kinda thrilled with this weeks Topic. So here goes!  Top Ten Tuesday is hosted over at The Broke and Bookish.


Top Ten Series I Haven't Finished (because either you didn't like them, you just have procrastinated, etc.)

**Please note that I am including ongoing series in this post- so series where I am a few books behind.**


1) The Halo Series by Alexandra Adornetto- I have read Halo, but I have not read its sequels. I am not sure why. I didn't love Halo, so perhaps that is why I haven't continued with the series.

2) The Fallen Series by Lauren Kate- This is a series I have not pursued because I did not like Fallen. I really, really disliked it. I know this series is incredibly popular, and everyone loves it. Just not me!

3) The Midnight Breed Series by Lara Adrian- I have read the first eight books in this series. Nine and ten have been published and eleven comes out in Jan. I enjoyed this series although I found that they were A LOT like the Black Dagger Brotherhood series (to much like that series). I would like to know where the story is going and I will continue to read it. I just haven't had time.

4) The Hush, Hush Series by Becca Fitzpatrick- When I initially read Hush Hush I was SO excited. I thought it was a great story, the characters were great. I thought it was well written. There was nothing about this book that I did not like. However, I believe that I read Fallen shortly after I read Hush Hush and it tainted my ideas of Angel books. Also the synopsis of Crescendo did not intrigue me at all. To me it sounded a little blah.

5) The Fallen Angel Series by JR Ward- I am a fan of JR Ward and her work. One of my most favourite series is Her Black Dagger Brotherhood series. I have read the first two in the Fallen Angels series, and I have enjoyed them, I don't love them as much as the Brotherhood. The third novel Envy came out last year and I own it but have not read it yet, and Rapture (book four) comes out today. I will be purchasing this novel, and I will read them both before the year is through. I hope.

6) The Nightshade Series by Andrea Cremer- I have only read the first book in this series. I own the second and have seen the third a number of times at my library. I should read/finish it. I wan to read/finish it. But I have not. I enjoyed the story and I am team Ren all the way. I have no excuses.

7) The Chronicles of Faerie by OR Melling- I first read The Hunter's Moon when I was in the fourth grade. That was a LONG time ago. But that book has a very special place in my heart. It was so brilliant and wonderful and the story was thrilling and I loved Dara! Oh did I love him. Thus started my addiction to reading. I received the Chronicles of Faerie (the blue book) from my mother for my 16th birthday, inside it contained the first three novels of this series. I had no idea it was a series. I Quickly read them and I have never read the final installment. Mostly because I could never get my hands on it. I love this series and I will some day finish it. Because for me it was magical (no pun intended).


8) The Mortal Instruments Series by Cassandra Clare- I have read every book but City of Lost Souls and I don't think that I will. For me this series ended at City of Glass. I think that City of  Fallen Angels should never have come into existence. This may seem harsh, but I don't understand why this new batch to the series. Although I read City of Fallen Angels I will be considering City of Glass the final installment in this series.

9) The Iron Fey Series by Julie Kagawa- I have read the first two books in this series and I own the third novel. Why haven't I gotten around to reading the others? Who knows? But for some reason this series didn't pull me in like it did others. I will read them eventually. But I am in no rush.

10) The Curse Workers Series by Holly Black- Black Heart. That is the only book I have left to read. I have it and I really want to read it. Again for this one I have no excuse. I really enjoyed this series, I adore the protagonist and I love the uniqueness of the plot. What am I waiting for? This one I will be reading ASAP! I want to know what's going to come of all the characters.







That is my list everyone. It was long winded and wordy, but I hope you enjoyed.

~Happy Reading Everyone!

16 comments:

  1. I didn't like the Fallen Series either it felt like a mash up of Hush, Hush and Evermore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hush, Hush felt like your typical YA paranormal fare to me, so even though I enjoyed it well enough, I didn't have a lot of desire to see the series through to its completion. And I totally agree about the Mortal Instruments books; I really wish she'd gone ahead and made Simon the MC. Then I think I would have dove in headfirst (this one is actually on my list, too). But I've had enough Jace and Clary drama!

    My TTT post

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny I loved both The Fallen and Hush, hush series. They're my guilty pleasures!
    Iron Fey is really great you should give it another chance! :)

    This is My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you can get to Black Heart soon. It's a fabulous end to a great series!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot of series on your list I have finished by now. I'm always curious why some people like a book and others don't. It makes us appreciate the books we like even more, right?

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lauren Kate isn't really my favorite either. I'm stuck in Passion and I don't feel like continuing.

    This is the first time I see someone mentioning O.R Melling! I can't seem to find copies from this book anywhere; I have.. I believe it's the second book and they sound great.

    IRON FEY. I hope it's going to pull you in soon, because I thought they were great! Easy, funny reads.

    My top 10 Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think I've read any of the series you mention. Some I know why - like Halo, Fallen and Hush Hush aren't my thing - and others I just hadn't heard of them before.

    I'm on the verge of dropping the BDB series, though. But I would agree that after it, a lot of series came out that were a bit like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. On the subject of the Curse Workers series and Black Heart, can I just say... ME TOO!!!

    Need to read that book.

    Great list - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...there are so many books..and now entire series, that apparently I've never heard of!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I stopped City of Lost Souls too! I felt like a bad reader, but oops!

    P.S. this list alerted me to some new series - but I'm not sure I need to check them out where they make DNFs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many people seem to be behind on the Mortal Instrument series! I am glad it's not just me! Here is my list: Angela's Anxious Life

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great list! I can't say I'm a fan of Hush Hush or the Iron King, lol. I'm trying to decide if I want to finish the mortal instrument series as well.

    Here's Ours

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have not read FALLEN but I definitely know other people who disliked it. I highly recommend finishing the NIGHTSHADE series--the second and third books are incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  14. From what I hear, you should let the three YA angel series go, because they're all awful.

    Also, I completely agree with you on TMI. It was originally supposed to be a trilogy, but she added more books because she wants everyone's $$$. That's not something I want to support. Actually, I rarely approve of when authors declare a book standalone or duology or whatever and add more. Same universe, fine. Direct addition, hell to the no.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll have to give the Curse Workers series a try again sometime since you liked book 2 so much! I adore the new covers on them! Thanks for stopping by Libby Blog!
    Top 10 Tuesday @Libby Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need to read Black Heart, too. That's one I had out from the library and I meant to read it but then I just didn't. It might have been because I listened to the audio version of the first two?

    I had no idea that Lara Adrian series was that long! Also, even if you're unsure of the Iron Fey series (I really loved the first 3), Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa is fantastic. (Though it would be starting a new series!)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl