Home       About Me       Review Index

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Teaser Tuesday-Valentines Edition

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

•Grab your current read

•Open to a random page

•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

** I am switching it up a little today. I took some of my favourite lovey dovey lines from some of my favourite books and am sharing them here with you. Cause it's Valentines Day and I wanted to. So enjoy!**

In no particular order... 

'"What did the fish say when it hit a concrete wall?" he asked me. We're sitting on the bank of a stream and he's tying a fly onto my fishing rod, wearing a cowboy hat and red lumberjack-style flannel shirt over a gray tee. So adorable.
"What?" I say, he grins. Unbelievable of how gorgeous he is. And that he's mine. He loves me and I love him.
"Dam!" he says.
”'

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand 



"He stops and looks at me. 'I'm here because of you. You're my priority. Your happiness, in some fucked way, is tuned in to mine. Get that through your thick skull. Would I like it any other way? Hell, yes, but I don't think that will be happening in my lifetime.”' 

Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta









“I love Jere more than anybody. He’s my brother, my family. I hate myself for doing this. But when I see you two together, I hate him too.” His voice broke.
“Don’t marry him. Don’t be with him. Be with me.”


We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han



r






“Dan smiled at me with lips still moist from mine. I have seen clouds part for the sun. I have seen rainbows. I have seen flowers in the morning, covered in dew, and I have seen sunsets so brilliant with fire they have made me want to weep.
And I have seen Dan smile at me, his lips still wet from my kiss, and if I had to choose which sight moved me the most I would say it was that one.”


Dirty by Megan Hart








“Her body and her mouth felt the way Lewis had held her and the way he has kissed her and how hard it was and how gentle. She felt different girl, but the same. She felt cherished.”

The Outcast by Sadie Jones 







I love love! 

~Happy Reading Everyone! 

4 comments:

  1. Great teasers! I absolutely love Unearthly, even if I haven't read any of these other books ;)

    My Teasers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Teaser! Here is my TT

    Happy reading
    Anna =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great teasers! Especially the first one. I'd love to be sitting on the bank fishing right about now. Talk about spring fever!

    Here is mine:

    http://collettaskitchensink.blogspot.com/2012/02/teaser-tuesday-21412.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an awesome edition! I loved Unearthly and We'll Always Have Summer (Conrad!!!). Can you believe I still haven't read Jellicoe Road?! I adore every quote I read from the book but somehow I can't get into that book...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl