Home       About Me       Review Index

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Book Chat: Negative Reviews

Hello, and welcome to the second Book Chat that I have ever posted. Book Chat is monthly feature hosted by Misty over at The Book Rat- where she give us a topic and we get to talk about it. This month was Negative Reviews/Author Blogger Relations- you can check out Misty's video here. This was a touchy subject, and I am not sure that I really talked about everything. But I tried. 

** This is a little bit of a rant. But watch anyways.**



It was not my intention to offend anyone in this video. If I did I apologize. I just really wanted to share my thoughts on this issue. 

Thanks for watching. 

~Happy Reading! 

3 comments:

  1. Agree with you 100%. When all the author drama was going down I read a comment somewhere saying something like once a book is published it belongs to the reader. I think sometimes people forget that reading is such a subjective thing, everyone's going to feel differently about every aspect of a book, we're all individuals with our own attitudes and beliefs after all. And it's especially disheartening to me when authors put down reviewers; we are reading their book after all! it's not all going to be sunshine and roses, and, like you said, it comes with the territory. If they want to rant in private, sure everyone does, but to do it online where anyone can see it is petty to me. It's put me off a couple books as a result.

    I don't mind reading negative reviews. Sometimes they give me an entirely new view of the book and I might agree or agree to disagree. When those negative reviews get personal and bully like you said is where I think a line is crossed. You're reviewing a piece of literature, not the person who wrote it. There's no need to get mean, and if they do, well, they're just making a bad impression of themselves in my opinion.

    Very interesting topic! Thanks for sharing your views :)

    I'll be watching for that review of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The author drama saddens me so much. Books that I had previously been excited about now no longer have that same draw. I don't feel like I can read them objectively anymore. Negative reviews are just as important as positive ones, so long as they're not mean. I know I'm interested in hearing your review!

    Also! Looks like that weird problem regarding your url has fixed itself up, at least for me. When I clicked on this link from my Google Reader, it came to the right page anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you! : ) And, I don't think you offended anyone.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl