Home       About Me       Review Index

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Completely Contemp Challenge: Sign Me Up.



I didn't realize that Young Adult Contemporary fiction was "unpopular". I love it and was amazed that it's not read as much of some paranormal/dystopian novels out there. Some of my most favourite novels are contemporaries.

So...

I am signing up for the Completely Contemp Challenge that is being hosted over at Chick Loves Lit. I am SO excited. I love being able to track the books I read and share them with others. Head over to this post to find out more about this challenge.

My Goals.

I am to choose a number for this challenge. So I am choosing number five. Five Contemps that were published in 2010, 2011 and 2012. This is a totally of 15. Which I think I can handle.

My List

2010:

1) The Duff by Kody Keplinger
2) The Unwritten Rule by Elizabeth Scott
3) Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and
4) The Six Rules of Maybe by Deb Caletti
5) Five Flavors of Dumb by Antony John

2011:

1) Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
2) Hooked by  Catherine Greenman
3) You Against Me by Jenny Downham
4) Playing Hurt by Holly Schindler
5) Epic Fail by Claire LaZebnik

2012:

1) Someone Eles's Life by Katie Dale
2) Isla and Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
3) The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
4) Where it Began by Ann Redisch Stampler
5) My Life Nextdoor by Huntley Fitzpatrick

So there you have it. I am pretty excited for this challenge. Make sure to head over to Chicks Love Lit, if you're interested in the challenge.

~Happy Reading Everyone!

3 comments:

  1. I really liked Five Flavors, Playing Hurt and Lola. I hope you do too!

    - Mary | Anxirium

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck! I love how you already have a list set out! I can never seem to plan that much ahead.

    I hope you love this challenge :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sara,
    I'm thrilled to find Where It Began on your 2012 Contemp Challenge list, with such great books. I'm especially dying to read Isla & Happily Ever After. She was maybe my favorite characters in Anna & the French Kiss.
    Best,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl