Home       About Me       Review Index

Monday, June 20, 2011

Teaser Tuesday #13

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

•Grab your current read

•Open to a random page

•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page

•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

"It was a big whiskey, and it starts to take effect somewhere between the staterooms and the coaches. I'm clearly not the only one under the influence either-now that "business" has been concluded, everyone connected to the Benzini Brothers Most Spectacular Show on Earth is letting off steam."

(P.131)




Happy Reading Everyone!

6 comments:

  1. Nice teaser.
    I'm still not sure I'll ever read this book but my sister wants to see the movie, so I'm taking it like baby steps :D

    I hope you like it though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been looking forward to this book. Sounds good.

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesdays_20.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Teaser! I really enjoyed this book :)

    OH! And I love your BOOK TREE at the top of your blog. So pretty!!

    Paranormal Wastelands' TT
    http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday_21.html#comments

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teaser. I quite liked the movie but I have got to read the book.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/06/teaser-tuesday-24.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure if I want to read Water for Elephants. I might watch the movie first and decide if I NEED to read the book

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure if I want to read Water for Elephants. I might watch the movie first and decide if I NEED to read the book

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl