Home       About Me       Review Index

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Haulin' (2)

I love finding out about what other people are reading, what they've been sent, what they've bought, what they have checked out from the library. It gives me so many ideas on what to read (this is probably why I have 20 books on my Chapters online wishlist where as 2 weeks ago I didn't know that the wishlist existed).
There is a weekly meme that a lot of people take part in called 'In My Mailbox' but I don't because nothing really arrives in my mailbox (well if I've ordered it, it does), and I don't buy a new book every week, I try to buy a lot at one time and hope that that will keep me through until my next bookstore visit.
So, getting to my point. I have a haul for you. A few weeks ago I placed an order on Amazon and have been waiting somewhat patiently for my books to come in, and today they did (well some of them did, I'm still waiting on three). The majority were bought used (only two were new actually) which saved me bucketloads of money and yes I did buy them with my own money. So here it it:
Something Like Fate-Susane Colasanti.
Best friends Lani and Erin couldn't be more different. Lani's reserved and thoughtful; Erin's bubbly and outgoing. Lani likes to do her own thing; Erin prefers an entourage. There's no possible way they could be interested in the same guy.
So when Erin starts dating Jason, Lani can't believe she feels such a deep connection with him-and it may be mutual. The more Lani fights it, the more certain she feels that it's her fate to be with Jason. But what do you do when the love of your life is the one person you can't have?
-I've just started reading this one and I am not sure yet how much I like it. But we'll see. It's still pretty early.

The Unwritten Rule-Elizabeth Scott
Sarah and Brianna have always been friends, and it's always gone like this: guys talk to Sarah in order to get closer to Brianna. So even though Sarah met Ryan first, she's not surprised that he ends up with Brianna (even though Sarah has a massive crush on him). The three of them hang out, and Sarah and Ryan's friendship grows until one night an innocent exchange between them leads to a moment that makes Sarah realize that Ryan might be interested in her after all. But if there's one unwritten rule, it's this: you don't mess around with a friend's boyfriend. So Sarah tries to resist temptation. But with the three of them thrown together more and more, tension builds between Sarah and Ryan, and when they find themselves alone together at one point, they realize they just can't fight how they feel anymore....

-This one seems to have a similiar plot to 'Something Like Fate' ewhich is interesting. I've never read anything by Scott and I have two books by her to read. I have heard many many good things about her. So I'm excited.

Love You Hate You Miss You-Elizabeth Scott
It's been seventy-five days, and Amy still doesn't know how she can possibly exist without her best friend Julia, especially since it's her fault that Julia's dead. When her shrink tells her it would be a good idea to start a diary, Amy starts writing letters to Julia instead. But as she writes letter after letter, she begins to realize that the past wasn't as perfect as she thought it wasâ€"and the present deserves a chance, too.
-This one looks like a tear jerker and when I'm in the right mood I'll break it out and take a stab at it. I am looking forward to reading this.


Two Way Street- Lauren Barnholdt
there are two sides toevery breakup.
This is Jordan and Courtney, totally in love. Sure, they were an unlikely high school couple. But they clicked; it worked. They're even going to the same college, and driving cross-country together for orientation.
Then Jordan dumps Courtney -- for a girl he met on the Internet.
It's too late to change plans, so the road trip is on. Courtney's heartbroken, but figures she can tough it out for a few days. La la la -- this is Courtney pretending not to care.
But in a strange twist, Jordan cares. A lot.
Turns out, he's got a secret or two that he's not telling Courtney. And it has everything to do with why they broke up, why they can't get back together, and how, in spite of it all, this couple is destined for each other.
-Awwwwww this looks so cute and so funny. I mean when girls try to fake it, it tends to be a little comical. I don't think I'll tackle this one until I'm done school for the term.

The Book of Luke- Jenny O'Connell
Emily Abbott has always been considered the Girl Most Likely to Be Nice -- but lately being nice hasn't done her any good. Her parents have decided to move the family from Chicago back to their hometown of Boston in the middle of Emily's senior year. Only Emily's first real boyfriend, Sean, is in Chicago, and so is her shot at class valedictorian and early admission to the Ivy League. What's a nice girl to do?
Then Sean dumps Emily on moving day and her father announces he's staying behind in Chicago "to tie up loose ends," and Emily decides that what a nice girl needs to do is to stop being nice.
She reconnects with her best friends in Boston, Josie and Lucy, only to discover that they too have been on the receiving end of some glaring Guy Don'ts. So when the girls have to come up with something to put in the senior class time capsule, they know exactly what to do. They'll create a not-so-nice reference guide for future generations of guys -- an instruction book that teaches them the right way to treat girls.
But when her friends draft Emily to test out their tips on Luke Preston -- the hottest, most popular guy in school, who just broke up with Josie by email -- Emily soon finds that Luke is the trickiest of test subjects . . . and that even a nice girl like Emily has a few things to learn about love.
-I like a good laugh and I think that this story could give me that. I'm a fan of light reading (especially when I know I shouldn't be reading but studying).
So there you have it. What I am probably going to be reading over the next couple weeks.
Happy Reading Everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I am a bit like you. I tend to have big shopping sprees every couple of months rather than weekly 'in my mail box'.
    I recently went shopping too (was going to Tx for the weekend so I shipped there so I wouldn't have to pay international shipping *grins*)

    I actually read Two Way Street a while back, but I'll reserve my comments until you read!

    Happy reading to you!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl