Home       About Me       Review Index

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Summer I Started Writing.

I've had the last couple days off work and I've been reading like a mad woman. It's been the best couple days of my life. I've always said that my dream job would be if I could read all day and then write about what I have just read. I wouldn't want to review anything just respond to it. so voila, that is what I have decided to do. Read and write. It's perfect; except the part about getting paid, that's not happening. so this is where is starts.

I have finished reading 3 books in the last day and a half. Its pure insanity but boy was it wonderful.

I started reading Beth Harbison's Hope in a Jar, Friday evening and finished it yesterday afternoon around 1. I enjoyed the story but I found that the plot was all over the place and I wasn't really sure what the story was really supposed to be about. I loved Allie's character though, she was the one most could relate to and you really were rooting for her. I don't think I'd reread this one.

After I finished this book, instead of picking up Jennifer Weiner's novel Best friends Forever that I had bought at the same time as Hope in a Jar, I made a mad dash to the book store to get The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han, it was a story I heard was very good and I was pretty curious about. I started this book at 3:00 yesterday and by 8:30 when I realized I was about done I made another mad dash to the book store to buy the sequel: It's Not Summer Without You.

The story that Han is captivating from the very beginning. I must tell you though, she writes for young adults and I am not a young adult, but I was lured into the world of 15 (almost 16) year old Belly, who is struggling with teenaged romance and secrets. Teenaged girls beware. These were two of the best books I had to privilege to read.

So now I fear I am putting down the Young Adult novels and attempting something a little more serious; Salem Falls by Jodi Picoult. I have read her before and she always makes me cry, so we'll see if she does it again.

Till Next time readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! So please leave them and I will make every attempt to return the favor!

"So, please, oh please, we beg, we pray, go throw your TV set away, and in its place you can install, a lovely bookcase on the wall."
— Roald Dahl